Bitext Workshop in San Francisco: “Semantic Analysis for Big Data”
Bitext organizes a hands-on workshop on “Semantic Analysis for Big Data: Social Media, Reviews, Surveys and more” at the RocketSpace center in San Francisco.
NOTE: date change!
- Date: Wednesday June 5th, 2013
- Hour: 18:00 to 19:30
- Place: RocketSpace (Mezzanine Floor – Saturn Room)
- Address: 181 Fremont Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Attendance: free (please ask for confirmation in the email/web form below)
The workshop will show how Semantic Analysis can solve the problem of text understanding for different business purposes in the context of Big Data & Text: Social Media, User Reviews, Surveys, email, or any type of written material. We will focus on the advantages that symbolic parsing brings to semantic analysis, as opposed to machine learning approaches, mainly high-accuracy, and agile and fast improvement cycles. Symbolic Parsing techniques allow for deep and reliable analysis of complex texts, like
- negation: I’ve never liked iPhone cases
- comparisons: The graphics and camera on the iPhones are way better than on the Samsungs
- conditions: If you want to buy a cheap Nexus just tell me
- relative values for adjectives: Galaxy price may be high but quality is also high
Workshop participants are encouraged to send us real life texts (the more the better) in advance: we will analyze them ahead and discuss them during the workshop. For this analysis we will try different tools, including Bitext API.