Bitext Workshop in San Francisco: “Semantic Analysis for Big Data”
Bitext organizes a hands-on workshop on “Semantic Analysis for Big Data: Social Media, Reviews, Surveys and more” at the RocketSpace center in San Francisco.
NOTE: date change!
- Date: Wednesday June 5th, 2013
- Hour: 18:00 to 19:30
- Place: RocketSpace (Mezzanine Floor – Saturn Room)
- Address: 181 Fremont Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Attendance: free (please ask for confirmation in the email/web form below)
The workshop will show how Semantic Analysis can solve the problem of text understanding for different business purposes in the context of Big Data & Text: Social Media, User Reviews, Surveys, email, or any type of written material. We will focus on the advantages that symbolic parsing brings to semantic analysis: mainly high-accuracy, and agile and fast improvement cycles. Symbolic Parsing techniques allow for deep and reliable analysis of complex texts, like
- negation: I’ve never liked iPhone cases
- comparisons: The graphics and camera on the iPhones are way better than on the Samsungs
- conditions: If you want to buy a cheap Nexus just tell me
- relative values for adjectives: Galaxy price may be high but quality is also high
Workshop participants are encouraged to send us real life texts (the more the better) in advance: we will analyze them ahead and discuss them during the workshop. For this analysis we will try different tools, including Bitext API.